Re: Request for ethernet drivers in general.

From: Eran Mann (eran@nbase.co.il)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 03:53:22 EST

Actually the standard that premits Ethernet frames with the extra 4
bytes required for VLAN tagging is 802.3ac, and it was approved already
in 1998.
You can get (a little) more information at:
http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/ac/index.html
Regarding support of modern net-gear, I believe most currently sold
switches|hubs|routers support this standrad.