Re: Ethernet problem in 2.3.99

From: Thomas Molina (tmolina@home.com)
Date: Sun Mar 19 2000 - 22:25:24 EST

On Sun, 19 Mar 2000, Thomas Molina wrote:

> I am unable to obtain a dhcp lease from my calbe modem provider in this
> series. This problem is possibly related to the tulip driver since that
> is the driver used for the card on that interface. An strace on both

I'll follow up to myself before anyone gets too deep into debugging my
"problem". My initialization scripts assumed that the tulip card would
be detected second and would become eth1. This is true in 2.3.47 and
previous. In 2.3.99 the tulip card is detected first and becomes eth0
while the Boomerang card for my LAN becomes eth1. I was trying to get a
cable modem dhcp lease from a Win98 box locally which obviously didn't
work.

I wonder if there is a way to force the sequence in a particular way or
do I need to play games with grep, cut, and friends?