Re: Avoiding OOM on overcommit...?

From: Paul Jakma (paul@clubi.ie)
Date: Sun Mar 19 2000 - 17:18:16 EST

On Sun, 19 Mar 2000, Jesse Pollard wrote:

  Consider that the "resurection" has eliminated your memory of the
  previous existance (as far as the process doing the computation goes).

like i said, that might be a risk worth taking. (eg desktop.)

>it's a performance/risk tradeoff. Adjust it to your liking.

  Thats a different problem. I can't adjust it.

yes you can. either don't write big cheques to people you don't
trust. (ie set limits) or keep more cash in reserve.

(granted we don't have per-user limits on linux, which is a
deficiency at the moment)

regards,

--
Paul Jakma	paul@clubi.ie