Re: Wanted: Kernel modules maintained outside the source tree

From: Steve Dodd (steved@loth.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sun Mar 19 2000 - 05:41:08 EST

On Sun, Mar 19, 2000 at 01:48:00AM -0500, William Stearns wrote:

[..]
> I'm adding support to Buildkernel for modules/packages/drivers
> that are not part of the main source tree. The support will hopefully
> require no changes on behalf of the source tree maintainers or external
> module authors. This support will allow Buildkernel to build the external
> module as the main kernel is being built.

You know that Debian's kernel-package tool does something similar? IIRC,
add-on modules install source in /usr/src/modules/<pkgname>, and make-kpkg
walks over that directory when building the kernel. I expect it relies on the
add-on modules packages' debian-specific scripts, but it might be worth a
look. It might also be worth looking in the package list to see which modules
are packaged like that, as a start for your list.

--
Horses are forbidden to eat fire hydrants in Marshalltown, Iowa.