Using two masq's at once.

From: Ian Stirling (root@mauve.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sun Mar 19 2000 - 02:17:48 EST

I'm currently running a home network, connected (intermittently) onto
the internet, through a modem, and masquerading.

However, I'd like to be able to increase the bandwidth.
There are a number of schemes for tying together multiple links,
into one, but none suit.
They all seem to rely on the far end doing magic, that results in
both calls having the same IP address.

Is there any way to use two dialup links, with different IP addresses,
and masquerading, to transfer data faster?

I do know that this implies that this will be largely at the mercy of
what the other end of the connection does, but something as simple
as picking the least congested link for new outbound connections should
work reasonably well, at least for web/ftp traffic.

I'm not under the illusion that this will be as nice as multilink PPP,
or EQL, but it should be at least somewhat faster than one modem/isdn channel.

And, though other aggregation schemes exist, this may also have the
advantage of potentially being more resiliant. (if the two connections
are to different ISP's)

Are there any patches that do this, floating around, or is it possible to
beat some existing tools into doing it?

Thanks.
Ian Stirling.