Re: 2.3.51 tulip broken

From: Johan Kullstam (kullstam@ne.mediaone.net)
Date: Fri Mar 17 2000 - 19:48:32 EST

David Ford <david@kalifornia.com> writes:

> Why is it then that Donald's drivers always seem to work more than
> the driver in the kernel? A bug pops up and is reported on
> linux-tulip and we get a fix.

i would dispute this. tulip driver wrt 21041 has been broken since
may 1999 with the link beat and 21043 message.
<URL:http://www.tux.org/hypermail/linux-tulip/1999-May/0067.html>
no response, no followup, no fix.

i reported the same problem back in early january 2000 with the same
lack of response.
<URL:http://www.tux.org/hypermail/linux-tulip/2000-Jan/0028.html>

[btw does anyone have a 21041 based tulip working with a driver since
0.91e?]

i am not expecting a fix for every problem but some indication that
bug reports are not just entering a black hole would be nice. i
didn't see much activity on the mailing lists myself back when i was
looking at them in january and february.

i check <URL:http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/tulip.html> and
the links to greg siekas' information are dead. alas, they have been
dead for several months now.

i have gotten the distinct impression that the linux-tulip website and
mailing lists linux-tulip and linux-tulip-bug are pretty much dead.
this is not a flame, i am just letting you know how it looks from the
outside. please correct me if i am wrong.

--
J o h a n  K u l l s t a m
[kullstam@ne.mediaone.net]