Adaptec SCSI adapter incorrectly identified

From: John LeMay (jlemay@njmc.com)
Date: Sat Mar 18 2000 - 10:54:34 EST

I recently replaced my Adaptec 2940UW with a "Pro" model of the same card.
/proc/scsi/aix7xxx/0 now reports this card incorrectly as a 2944 (the
differential model).

I am running the stock kernel shipped with 'Drake 6.1, 2.2.13pre4 as I
recall. Adaptec driver rev 5.1.19/3.2.4.

Is this normal, or was it a bug fixed in a later scsi driver rev?

If anyone wishes to respond, please do so directly to my email address as
I will not be watching the vger lists for the next week or so.

John LeMay Jr.
Senior Enterprise Consultant
NJMC, LLC.

The rules have changed... Get paid to surf the web!!!
http://www.alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=bdc893