2.3.99pre1 console and NFS problems?

From: Russell King (rmk@arm.linux.org.uk)
Date: Thu Mar 16 2000 - 17:43:29 EST

Hi,

I'm using fbcon, and with 2.3.99pre1 I see the following problems:

1. If I do a "ps alx" with sound running, then I get sound DRQ/IRQ errors
   poping up all over the place.

2. If I ssh to one of my other machines from 2.3.99pre1, and do a
   vdir /usr/bin, then the local ssh process will hang in an interruptible
   wait in write_chan (just where the schedule() call is at the bottom of
   the loop.

3. While playing mp3s from my local NFS server, the sound keeps on hicuping.
   It appears that the 2.3.99pre1 client goes silent on the NFS side
   simultaneously for around 400ms. I have a tcpdump of this if anyone is
   interested.

Note that certainly (3) was ok with 2.3.51 and previous kernels to at least
2.3.30. I can't comment on (1) and (2) however, and am unlikely to be able
to comment on them for previous versions.
   _____
  | | | | http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/~rmk/aboutme.html / / |
  / | THE developer of ARM Linux |+| /|\