[Patch] Soundblaster mixer counter, 2.3.99-pre1

From: Paul Laufer (pelaufer@csupomona.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2000 - 23:37:29 EST

Alan, Christoph, and l-k,

The split of sb.o into sb.o and sb_lib.o in 2.3.50 has generated at least
one problem. The variable sbmixnum is never decremented when sb.o is
removed. This used to not be a problem because it was inside sb.o. Now
that sb.o can be removed and sb_lib.o still be there, errors such as the
following appear after loading and unloading sb.o several times:

hal9000:~# modprobe sb
sb: ISAPnP reports 'Creative SB32 PnP' at i/o 0x220, irq 5, dma 1, 5
Sound: Too many mixers (SB_6)

Also when going through the code I found another mixer counter
(num_mixers) in dev_tables.c that was not being decremented on mixer
removal.

The attached patch fixes both these bugs. I hope it is correct. There are
probably more side effects from the module split still to be discovered.

Paul Laufer