Re: Some questions about linux kernel.

From: Rik van Riel (riel@conectiva.com.br)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 14:16:16 EST

On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, James Sutherland wrote:

> OK, a more intelligent malicious user could write code that
> would find the biggest process currently running, then allocate
> slightly less memory than it, then fork and repeat. Fixing this
> would need per-user resource limits...

This would be detected by my OOM patch since the hogs
aren't running as long as the big simulation and haven't
used as much CPU time...

People have actually tried this and my patch seems to
catch the hog just fine :)

Rik

of people. That is its real strength.

http://www.conectiva.com/ http://www.surriel.com/