Re: Zero copy sendfile

From: David S. Miller (davem@redhat.com)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 05:14:06 EST

   Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 18:47:55 -0600 (CST)
   From: Jonathan Brauer <brauer@texmemsys.com>

   I was wondering what the status and possability/opinions of a zero
   copy sendfile routine where. As I see it, the zero copy sendfile
   could be implemented a couple of ways, but I did not know if this
   was in the works by other groups or if a strategy had been in place
   to implement this feature and not yet done.

It requires many changes to the architecture of the networking,
it is planned for 2.5.x

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@redhat.com