sb1000 Driver in 2.3.51

From: Chris Bennett (ChrisBen@clientlogic.com)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 14:33:03 EST

Hello, I am new to the land of development Kernels and I have a slight
problem.

I am unable to use my one-way cable modem. I have the ppp configutation Set
up properly. it Dials the serial Modem but never initializes the cm0
interface. I have looked at the source for the driver but it is radicaly
diffetent that all the instructions that I have seen for the Device: no spot
to change the Block Read. it is aparently unable to detect the IO
addresses, This Might Be because of the New ISAPNP Support in the Kernel as
it looks like someone has implemented it in this driver. I have tried ISA
PNP in the kernel, as a module, and just using the standard User level
Utilities. it kees the same error Message. I have also tried just replacing
the sb1000.c from 2.2.14 but it will not compile properly. Has anyone
Sucessfully Set this up since the last changes were made to the driver in
2.3.32? What was the ISAPNP setup Like?
Please Reply to me Personaly as I am not subsribed to this list presently.
Thank you all for your time
Regards,
Christopher M. Bennett