2.3.51, 2.3.52-1 Intel CardBus Hang

From: Eric Dittman (dittman@dittman.net)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 14:09:29 EST

I have a Compaq Presario 1690. The CardBus bridge
is a TI controller. lspci identifies it as:

00:0a.0 CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments: Unknown device ac1e
        Subsystem: Compaq Computer Corporation: Unknown device b103

I can use a Xircom RealPort CardBus Ethernet 10/100+Modem56
card without any problems, but as soon as I insert an Intel
PRO/100 LAN+Modem56 CardBus II card the laptop immediately
hangs with kernel 2.3.51 and 2.3.52-1. Previous versions
didn't hang, but didn't work. No messages of any kind.

Under Windows98SE the CardBus controller is identified as
a Texas Instruments PCI-1211. The Intel card works fine
under W98SE.

I have not been able to use the Intel card under any previous
version of the kernel. Part of the problem is with older
versions of the PCMCIA driver the Intel card was never
assigned an interrupt (again, the Xircom worked), but
this may be due to the bug where the controller couldn't
identified the card as a 3.3V device (cardctl thought
it was a 5V device, and I know Linus mentioned this as
a bug with the TI controllers).

--
Eric Dittman
dittman@dittman.net