Re: Some questions about linux kernel.

From: Horst von Brand (vonbrand@pincoya.inf.utfsm.cl)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 15:37:28 EST

Andrea Arcangeli <andrea@suse.de> said:

[...]

> Between the tasks that are faulting recently (say in the last 30 seconds)
> the one which has the huge fault rate is the one to kill. That's what I'll
> try out very soon. I believe it will work fine.

Bye, bye X which was just faulting in its working set. Bye, bye named which
suddenly got loads of requests to cache (nice DoS, that one ;-), or was
reloading its configuration. Bye bye apache, which loaded the Perl module
for handling CGIs. &c.

--
Dr. Horst H. von Brand                       mailto:vonbrand@inf.utfsm.cl