Re: who should i contact for fat fs related issues?

From: Jeff Evans (jeffevans@start.com.au)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 13:14:01 EST

Original message from: Ron Flory <ron.flory@adtran.com>

>Hi-

Howdy,

> I've got a compact-flash (pcmcia flash memory) card that presents a
>FAT12 signature (as determined by using fdisk), but the 2.2.14 FAT
>drivers don't seem to recognize it, despite trying several mount
>options.
>
> I admit that its possible the flash card may have invalid content in
>the FAT structures, but is there someone who could look at an 8Mb
>filesystem image, try mounting it with loopback dev to determine
>wheather the Linux FAT drivers have a problem or that the flash fs
>format is simply hosed...

AFAIK there is no problem with the FS on these cards, I have a working
parallel port reader, reading 8MB, 16MB and 64MB cards under kernel
2.3.51.

The only problem I have is that the epat chip (shuttle ep1284-01) is
only recognized after a windoze boot.

But as you seem to be using a PCMCIA adapter this obviously doesn't
affect you.

> The flash card was written by a Kodak DC210 digital camera.

Mine is a DC265 ;-> nice CAM.

> Thanks all-
>
>ron

Jeff.