Re: 3c574_cs Transmit timeout

From: Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 12:11:33 EST

On Mon, 13 Mar 2000, Brad Greenlee wrote:

> I found willy's and your posting on fa.linux.kernel while trying to
> figure out why I couldn't get my 3c574_cs working in 2.3.51 on my Vaio
> N505VX. I'm having the very same problem that willy is having. I've
> attached what I hope are the necessary and relevant files (my dmesg,
> /proc/pci, /proc/interrupts, and .config output), if you need more clues
> as to what the problem might be.

Interesting. According to /proc/interrupts you are getting _some_
interrupts on your irq11.

Does the interrupt count in irq11 go up as you use the network? It looks
like the interrupt may be working, and the problem might be just the
driver itself being broken with the recent soft-irq changes..

                Linus