Re: Linux 2.2.15pre14 and aic7xxx SCSI

From: G. Hugh Song (ghsong@bellini.kjist.ac.kr)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 01:06:28 EST

Alpha UP2000 has got an on-board Adaptec controller.

Unfortunately, the custom-kernel compiled from 2.2.15pre14 panicked
without any message during scsi installation. Independent of t
agged-command-queueing. It has on-board Adaptec controller
that can do Ultra-2 SCSI. I wish I new the chipset number but I don't
know it yet. No information in API's web page. I simply assumed that it
is something like 2940U2W or something and the driver must be aic7xxx.o.

   Similar behaviour was observed with the previous version of aic7xxx.c
which was with 2.2.15pre13 with t.c.q enabled. I tested kernel
2.2.13 with t.c.q. enabled. It failed also. The 2.2.13-0.9smp compiled
by RedHat with t.c.q disabled works.

I think I should stick in sym53c875 in UP2000.

Regards,

G. Hugh Song

Office: +82-62-970-2210
Departmental fax: -2204
PC fax: -2246
Email: ghsong@kjist.ac.kr
Department of Information and Communications
Kwangju Institute of Science and Technology
1 Oryong-dong, Buk-gu
Kwangju, 500-712 South KOREA