2.3.51: devfs and framebuffer oddness.

From: Nicholas Dronen (ndronen@frii.com)
Date: Sun Mar 12 2000 - 16:32:07 EST

Hi,

On 2.3.51 with devfs and framebuffer support (not as module)
for a Matrox Millenium II, the top of the display turns into
a white block (with the exception of the little Tux) where
you ususally see messages such as the following:

e820: 0009fc00 @ 00000000 (usable)
e820: 00000400 @ 0009fc00 (usable)
e820: 00010000 @ 000f0000 (reserved)
e820: 00010000 @ ffff0000 (reserved)
e820: 03f00000 @ 00100000 (usable)
Scan SMP from c0000000 for 1024 bytes.
Scan SMP from c009fc00 for 1024 bytes.
Scan SMP from c00f0000 for 65536 bytes.
Scan SMP from c0000000 for 4096 bytes.
On node 0 totalpages: 16384
zone(0): 4096 pages.
zone(1): 12288 pages.
zone(2): 0 pages.
mapped APIC to ffffe000 (01132000)
Initializing CPU#0
Detected 267274948 Hz processor.
Console: colour VGA+ 80x25
Calibrating delay loop... 532.48 BogoMIPS

Obviously, not a critical problem. Sometimes it reminds me
that I don't have a Sun workstation though. :)

| When you really look for me, you will see me instantly -- |
| you will find me in the tiniest house of time. |
| - Kabir |