Re: 2.3.51 -

From: clubneon (clubneon@hereintown.net)
Date: Sun Mar 12 2000 - 15:45:12 EST

I'm seeing almost the same problem.

When I configure pppd (version 2.3.11) to demand dial, I can bring up the
interface fine. ifconfig shows the same settings for ppp0 as I saw with
2.2.14. But when I make a request for data that would normally go out the
default route which under 2.2.14 would cause pppd to dial there is just a
pause and then the request fails.

At that point ifconfig shows that ppp0 is gone. The only message I get in
my syslog is:

Mar 12 15:35:36 clubneon pppd[26106]: read: Bad file descriptor(9)

Without demand dialing pppd works fine.

On Sun, 12 Mar 2000, David A. Bandel wrote:

> I have dibs on the stupid luser question for the day:
>
> Last kernel I compiled (others broke) was 2.3.46. Everything worked
> fine.
>
> Have checked FAQ and Documentation/networking (among others). Nothing
> that seems relevant. Clues to which FM to read requested.

[snip of log]