Re: ADFS -> undefined reference to __cmpdi2 (2.3.51)

From: Manfred Spraul (manfreds@colorfullife.com)
Date: Sat Mar 11 2000 - 06:08:13 EST

Arjan van de Ven wrote:

> I think that converting the switch to an if-construct would solve the
> compile-problem, but I don't know if the original author omitted the
> "break;" at the end of the first case on purpose..

I think the "break;" is ommited on purpose: readdir returns multiple
entries.

But:
a few lines later it call "read_lock(adfs_read_lock);", it acquires a
spinlock.
Then it calls filldir(), and filldir() calls put_user()/copy_to_user().

What about replacing the read_lock with a rw_semaphore?

--
	Manfred