Re: Linux-2.3.51, and the pre-2.4 series..

From: Artur Skawina (skawina@geocities.com)
Date: Sat Mar 11 2000 - 05:07:55 EST

Linus Torvalds wrote:

> I just made a 2.3.51 release, and the next kernel will be the first of the
> pre-2.4.x kernels. That does NOT mean that I'll apply a lot of last-minute
> patches: it only means that I'll let 2.3.51 be out there over the weekend
> to hear about any embarrassing problems so that we can start the pre-2.4
> series without the truly stupid stuff.

2.3.51 does not seem to want to work here. 2.3.47pre3 was fine, but after
upgrading to 2.3.51pre2 it just manages to launch init, but then i get
a stream of "respawning too fast, disabling for 5 minutes" and that's it.
Anybody seeing similar problems? [this is a celeron on BX mobo, UP vs SMP
kernel does not make any difference, gcc2.95.2]