Re: Linux-2.3.51, and the pre-2.4 series..

From: Alan Cox (alan@redhat.com)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 20:27:27 EST

> "bug fixes only" trees. These are also the "I hope a lot of people test
> them" trees, because without testing we'll never get to the eventual goal,
> which is a good and stable 2.4.x in the reasonably near future. Thanks,

You are more optimisic than me on time scales. I have to agree that making
2.4pre the freeze and fix stuff makes sense. Its a clear line.

I assume the raid stuff is in 'pending'?

>From my side I'll push you 2.2.15pre and the remaining unmerged drivers (COMX)
this weekend. That makes sure 2.4pre is in sync with 2.2.15 fix ups. I'll
also update the jobs list

There is a big i2o block driver update pending from Intel. If its sane
I'd like to get it in, if its not sane then I need to get bits of it in
fixed up to handle geometry and other compatibility issues. This wont
stray outside drivers/i2o

Umm Apache 2.0, Xfree 4.0 and 2.4pre all in a week. This is going to make
the ftp archives suffer 8)

ALan