Re: memory tester and BP6 problems

From: Robert A. Hayden (rhayden@geek.net)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 19:12:23 EST

On Sat, 11 Mar 2000, Samuli Kaski wrote:

> Yes, a non-idle bp6 machine won't lockup, at least my didn't. When
> running a rc5/other number crunching app I have achieved 30+ day
> uptimes. Make the machine a 95% idle one and I'll give it a week, max.
> Tested with all available BIOSes and the BX-trick.
>
> Face it, the board has flaws.

I agree. I have two BP6 systems, both with dual 366s (tried to Overclock
to 550 with mixed success). While I can easily get no lockups, the board
has too many issues an I cannot recommend it for any mission critical or
server operations. Dual celerons is great if it meets your need, but put
it on a different board.