Re: Help in DSM design

From: Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH (allbery@kf8nh.apk.net)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 18:22:38 EST

In message <Pine.LNX.3.95.1000310143601.587A-100000@chaos.analogic.com>,
"Richa
rd B. Johnson" writes:
+-----
| > Mach, so it could be). WinNT was based on Mach, but is going to monolytic
| ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| Ermmm. Win/NT was based upon VAX/VMS. The principal designer of VAX/VMS
+--->8

OS/2 with VAX/VMS features layered on top of it. Don't believe (many people
have bought Microsoft's attempt to rewrite history hook, line, and sinker)?
Run strings on the kernel and many of the device drivers --- many of them
still *claim* to be OS/2. Also, boot-time NT failures tend to reveal its
origins strongly to those with OS/2 experience.

--
brandon s. allbery	   os/2,linux,solaris,perl	allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	   kthkrb,heimdal,gnome,rt	  allbery@ece.cmu.edu