Re: PATCH: /proc/irq/ fix

From: Riley Williams (rhw@MemAlpha.cx)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 06:37:19 EST

Hi Ingo.

>> ...and btw it is nice to see if some activity happened on
>> some "unused" irq line: (If you are changing this, making
>> it output unused but active interrupts might be nice,
>> too...)

>> 4: 5 XT-PIC
>> 5: 4 XT-PIC pcnet_cs
>> 6: 3 XT-PIC

> it's already possible to see unused IRQ stats in
> /proc/stat, and /proc/interrupts is pretty long on bigger
> IO-APIC systems if all IRQ sources are listed. I'm not sure
> wether we want this.

One obvious use of this is in detecting configuration clashes,
and for that reason, I'd like to see versions of both
/proc/ioports and /proc/interrupts that list ALL detected
hardware in a system.

Can I propose /proc/config/ioports and /proc/config/interrupts
for the full lists, with the existing ones remaining as active
lists?

Best wishes from Riley.

 * Copyright (C) 2000, Memory Alpha Systems.
 * All rights and wrongs reserved.