Re: 2.3.50 nfsv3 permission problem

From: Dave Mielke (dave@mielke.cc)
Date: Thu Mar 09 2000 - 23:32:24 EST

[quoted lines by Neil Brown on March 10, 2000, at 11:27]

>Apart from the "Permission denied" message, the link-count and size of
>both disk1 and usr look odd. They are both 1. I would expect 2 for
>the link count, and 4096 for the size.

I may be wrong, so would someone more knowledgeable about Linux's
implementation of NFS please either confirm or refute me.

I've seen this sort of problem on other NFS implementations when the
permissions on the underlying directory were wrong. Unmount the NFS directory,
and do "ls -d -l" on the underlying directory being used for the mount point.
Insure that its permissions are at least "r-xr-xr-x" (555). Then remount the
NFS directory to see if the problem goes away.

--
Dave Mielke           | 856 Grenon Avenue | I believe that the Bible is the
EMail: dave@mielke.cc | Canada  K2B 6G3   | if you're concerned about Hell.