Re: [patch] vsyscall feature

From: Ingo Molnar (mingo@chiara.csoma.elte.hu)
Date: Thu Mar 09 2000 - 20:45:32 EST

On Wed, 8 Mar 2000, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

> What we have to provide to userspace is a table of pointer to functions,
> the vsyscall table. Then glibc is changed to use:
>
> call *0xfffc000

yep, this is exactly the plan, but with a bit more flexible 'syscall
numbering and parametering' interface. Remember, we might want to have
several future iterations of this, even if it costs a few cycles in the
entry code. I'll re-post the patch (with additions, the current one is
mainly a proof of concept thing showing the major benefits and design
elements) for 2.5 once the tree opens, but i think now lets concentrate on
2.4 :-)

        Ingo