Re: 2.2.15pre13 fails to compile in smbfs (was i2o)

From: Arjan van de Ven (arjan@fenrus.demon.nl)
Date: Wed Mar 08 2000 - 02:24:00 EST

On Sat, 4 Mar 2000, Sergey Kubushin wrote:

> > Could you try a "make mrproper" before compiling (remember to save your
> > .config)?
>
> D'ya think I'm _THAT_ stupid?

I don't think you're stupid.

> Or may be you're suggesting that one have to
> do "make mrproper" on freshly untarred source tree?

I am just trying to make sure the starting-position is the same as I did.
(How else would you explain that it works for me and not for you? There
must be some difference, somewhere. "make mrproper" was a first check)

> > PS: Your 28 days in my killfile are over, even though you didn't send a fix
> > for the hfmodem thing.

> BTW, such a fix have been posted by someone to lkml several times...

I have yet to see a fix that actually compiles, and no, I cannot test it
eiter.... I think nobody can, as this driver didn't compile even in the
2.1.125 days....

Greetings,
    Arjan van de Ven