Re: 2.2.15pre13 fails to compile in smbfs (was i2o)

From: Sergey Kubushin (ksi@ksi-linux.com)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 19:25:03 EST

On Tue, 7 Mar 2000, Arjan van de Ven wrote:

> In article <Pine.LNX.4.21.KSI2.0003071943001.15017-100000@nomad.ksi-linux.com> you wrote:
> > And smbfs is broken too:
>
> [snip some gcc errors]
> > Config is the same except i2o disabled.
>
> Hi,
>
> I tried your .config, and I can't reproduce the problem.
> (No errors in i2o and no errors in smbfs). This means that something
> is terribly wrong, either in your setup (or mine, but it compiles for me
> :-), or there is some weird missing dependency in the MODVERSIONS code.
>
> Could you try a "make mrproper" before compiling (remember to save your
> .config)?

D'ya think I'm _THAT_ stupid? Or may be you're suggesting that one have to
do "make mrproper" on freshly untarred source tree?

2.2.15pre9 was almost fine. At least it did build and do work here.

> Greetings,
> Arjan van de Ven
>
> PS: Your 28 days in my killfile are over, even though you didn't send a fix
> for the hfmodem thing.

I don't even intend to. I'm not a kernel developer, I'm a distribution
maker. And I don't have even a slightest possibility to test it.

BTW, such a fix have been posted by someone to lkml several times...