Re: pppd vs pcmcia vs 2.2.15pre11

From: David Hinds (dhinds@valinux.com)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 14:24:06 EST

Can you send me kernel messages, and tell me what kind of laptop this
is, and what are the "various" cards that you are having trouble with?

The new PCMCIA subsystem is using PCI interrupts for cards if they are
CardBus devices. Irq 10 is a PCI interrupt, and is supposed to be
sharable. The new drivers should be configuring interrupts the same
way that Windows does.

The drivers ignore your irq 10 exclusion, because the CardBus bridge
is hard-wired to PCI irq 10, just as your sound card is.

You can explicitly tell PCMCIA to not use PCI interrupts, by setting
PCIC_OPTS="pci_csc=0 pci_int=0" in your PCMCIA startup options,
usually /etc/sysconfig/pcmcia.

-- Dave