creating a character driver

From: Nathan Feldman (th@softhome.net)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 12:21:50 EST

Hello,

I decided to learn to write character drivers, and searching for an
on-line document, I found the linux kernel hackers' guide. However I
want other documents to help me, so please send names or links.

By the way, I have a problem with the file_operations structure. The
compiler gets the error:

variable `th_fops' has initializer but incomplete type

the structure was declared this way:

static struct file_operations th_fops = {
  NULL, /*lseek*/
  NULL, /*read*/
  th_write,
  NULL, /*readdir*/
  NULL, /*select*/
  NULL, /*ioctl*/
  NULL, /*mmap*/
  NULL, /*open*/
  NULL /*release*/
};

I included <linux/fs.h> wich I supose is the file where
file_operations is declared. Thanks in advance for any help.