Re: SMP 2.2.15pre13 unstable on Dell PE1300 - aic7xxx related?

From: David L. Parsley (lkml account) (kparse@salem.k12.va.us)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 13:59:48 EST

Hi Alan,

On Mon, 6 Mar 2000, Alan Cox wrote:

> The memory/NMI stuff bothers me. That is normally a parity or bus error
> (does the box have ecc/parity ram ?)

I counted 9 chips on the DIMMS, so I'm assuming ECC. Strangest looking
DIMM I've ever seen, though; it looks like 2 DIMM's sandwiched together
with one of them plugged in. So, 256M RAM in 1 DIMM, with 2x2x9=36 chips.

I also noted something in my other replies I forgot to mention before; the
box is solid for weeks with a UP kernel, but 2-3 days SMP.

I'll run memtest86.

regards,
        David

- --