Need help with kernel modules ...

From: Thomas M. Galla (tom@vmars.tuwien.ac.at)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 11:42:29 EST

Hello!

First of all sorry for bothering you with this stuff, but I didn't
find any other place where this could possibly fit ...

I'm currently working on a kernel module consisting of two source
modules. Hereby one of the source modules (let's call it ipcodes.c)
exports a global variable (const char * ipcode[]), which is used in the
other module (let's call it main.c).

I'm currently having trouble defining the global variable (ipcode) in
a way, that it is visible to the other source module (main.c) but not
to the rest of the kernel?

Anybody got a hint how to achieve this behavior? - Or is it in general
impossible to prevent that variables/functions that are exported
(i.e., not declared as static) by (a source module of) a kernel module
are visible to the rest of the kernel?

Thanks in advance,

        Tom.

--
 Thomas M. Galla                                     fax:+43 (1) 5869149
 Real-Time Systems Group                       voice:+43 (1) 58801-18215