Re: Linux 64 bit for x86 has UDI support?

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 13:01:41 EST

> Anybody knows Linux64 bit for Intel arhitecture has
> UDI (Uniform Driver Interface) supported? Trillium has
> UDI supported? what version of Linux?

The Linux community as a whole don't believe in UDI.

When we are writing drivers hand tuned to each pci stall and cache miss
something like UDI starts to look very crude and inadequate. Instead we
support a mostly common (its getting better) API across all platforms for
the Linux drivers.

Thus things like pci_present() and ioremap() work on all machines equivalently

Alan