IDE problem in kernel version 2.3.46 - 2.3.49

From: Ralf Sinoradzki (sinoradz@student.uni-kl.de)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 12:21:59 EST

Hi !
I have testet some kernel versions (2.3.41 - 2.3.49) and got
an Oops-Message right after initializing the IDE driver before
checking the available partitions. ( referencing NULL-pointer ).
This only happened in versions 2.3.46 and later.
My drive is connected to the secondary controller and the primary
controller was disabled in the Bios.
After enabling the primary controller in the bios everything is OK.
Perhaps there is a check missing that was done in older versions ...

ciao, Ralf

my sytem: amd k6-2, via vp 3 chipset, 10 Gbyte maxtor harddisk
                   award bios.