Re: Linux 2.2.15pre12 [VM fixes]

From: James Manning (jmm@computer.org)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 03:25:10 EST

[ Monday, March 6, 2000 ] Mike A. Harris wrote:

> Assuming or generalizing things will be at certain PID's or below
> certain PID's is very bad because it is 99% unpredicatable. That
> is the important thing that I had to say - put into more verbose
> terms for those that couldn't derive it..

Again, notice that my heuristic was simply reverse-ordering
*nothing* to do with the heuristic, it was simply part of the explanation.
(I had quickly checked where my mingetty's were at, 672-677... never
knew a typo would get me barraged like this :)

mutt users: if you haven't already, hit control-d now.

James