Re: Linux 2.2.15pre13

From: Willy Tarreau (willy@novworld.Novecom.Fr)
Date: Sat Mar 04 2000 - 13:20:25 EST

Hi Alan,

I've just tested 2.2.15pre12 and 2.2.15pre13. They work solid for
me. It's the first time I can't manage to crash kernel or have
processes killed on OOM since 2.2 series. Now malloc() correctly
returns NULL on OOM and the involved processes are no longer
killed.

I have to test the TCP stall I observed last week, but I don't
know if I'll have access to the alphaserver. I hope so. Since
the problem was still present (but hard to obtain) in 2.2.15pre10,
I'd be glad if people intensively try FTP transfers between their
box and many other OSes to be sure.

Anyway, it seems very good to me.

Willy