Re: [OT] Paging Alan Cox

From: CaT (cat@zip.com.au)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 22:36:35 EST

On Fri, Mar 03, 2000 at 05:35:52PM -0600, Tim Walberg wrote:
> On 03/03/2000 12:09 -0300, Horst von Brand wrote:
> >>
> >> Sorry, but it is the _only_ way to force an ISP to fix their act. They
> >> (mostly) don't care as long as it doesn't affect their business.
>
> <sarcasm>
> >From that statement, I can infer that you personally have
> tried **every** other possible way to get an ISP to fix
> their relays, and this is the only one of an infinite set
> of solutions that actually had results?
> </sarcasm>

There is a point at which you say 'fuck it' and filter because
the cost of trying all those possibilities has become too great.

It's much like doing support. You'll happily handle x number
of the same stupid question. But when that number surpasses x
you're not going to give the same quality of responses. Hence
the 'RTFM' and 'RTFFAQ' responses (and why a FAQ gets created.
ppl get tired of the same questions over and over again. they
wish to move on and get on with their lives... ofcourse the
person at the other end mostlikely sees their problem as unique).

--
CaT (cat@zip.com.au)                       URL: http://www.zip.com.au/dev/null

'He had position, but I was determined to score.' -- Worf, DS9, Season 5: 'Let He Who Is Without Sin...'