siginfo_t->si_addr not filled out on SEGV

From: Daniel (Kinnison)Silverstone (zcabs08@ucl.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 08:51:32 EST

Hi

I have been trying to write a signal handler which upon receipt of a SEGV, logs the information
I need to track it down.

I would normally just use core dumps and gdb, but I can't always get cores back from my
"customers".

I note that in linux 2.2.x, realtime signals are not quite managed well enough to allow
the si_addr field to be filled out properly.

Has any work gone into the 2.3.x series to make it compliant with the manpage for signal?

Also, if anyone knows where I can get a tool to read a linker map file and tell me what function
a location is in, could they please e-mail me.

Daniel