activating mttr on voodoo 3

From: Cataldo Thomas (cataldo@essi.fr)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 08:17:09 EST

Reading Documentation/mrtr.txt, I realized that the 2.5 speed amelioration
wasn't systematic once mtrr was compiled in.
I looked at my X server start up and saw something like :
voodoo 3 2000 memory starting at address1, address2.
I putted the first address in /proc/mtrr (under 2.3.48), restarted X, and after
3 seconds up, I had a system freeze and had to do a hard ( button) reboot.

Am I doing the procedure wrong, or is mtrr broken (It didn't compile in 2.3.47).

TIA for your reply to this mostly off topic question.

 --

Passe que moi, au départ, j'avais fait informatique comme études, pas
NT, et je voudrais revenir à mon métier premier.