Re: network changes in 2.2.x to 2.3.x to 2.3.x>=37

From: Trever Adams (trever_Adams@bigfoot.com)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 22:31:23 EST

Andrey Savochkin wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I don't understand your problems.

I do not understand my problems either. As far as I can tell I have
brought all of cipe up to 2.3.x (in the higher patch levels) standards
and APIs. I still have it stall out... say early on in a telnet session
(as in I can't log in all the way).

> ipip calls ip_select_ident() to get the id. It doesn't use the old one.

Yes, I dug in deeper and found this. It seems to be working
wonderfully.

> > port/socket/connection's ip_id will ALWAYS be higher than any others
> > last. So it seems CIPE gets slow because you get stuff like this:
>
> Where have you seen such an assumption?

Honestly? Somewhere in the screwed up land of my brain I guess. I am
becoming very frustrated with this. I have spent a lot of my free time
the last few months working on this and can't seem to find where things
are wrong.

> Regards
> Andrey V.
> Savochkin

Thank you for your help, if you are interested in seeing the patch, just
let me know. I think it is a tad long for this list (about 674 lines
via wc -l), hence the lack of it earlier.

Trever

--
For the finest in family and value oriented products:
http://www.daysofyore.com