RE: 2.3.4[67] does not boot with PAE36

From: nathan.zook@amd.com
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 17:24:45 EST

"Seems to." That will probably be ACPI's epitaph. From the ACPI spec
(1.0b):

9.3.2 Bios Initialization of Memory

        ACPI Reclaim Memory. Memory identified by the BIOS that contains the
ACPI tables. This memory can be any place above 1 MB and contains the ACPI
tables. When the OS is finished using the ACPI tables, it is free to reclaim
this memory for system software use (application space).

        1MB - 8MB: Contiguous RAM. An area of contiguous physical memory
addresses. The OS requires this memory to be contiguous in order for its
loader to load the OS properly on boot up. (No memory-mapped I/O devices
should be mapped into this area.)

Believe which ever paragraph in that section you like. I believe I'm going
to complain to the committee.

Nathan