RE: IP address for processes

From: Steve Rihards (srichards7@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 20:27:15 EST

I dont think any one has done this because it makes no sense. What does "IP
address for a process" even mean? IP addresses are required for routing a
packet to a computer... once there, you use ports to get to an
application...

Hi,

    This may sound odd, but i want to know if any body
has done any work on assigning IP addresses (may be
Virtual IP) to processes. I am exploring ways on how
to provide IP addresses for processes, files, other
resources , etc. . I would like to get your opinion on
this.

Thanks in advance,
Vijay