Re: devfs + xinit Authentication error

From: Paul Jakma (paul@clubi.ie)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 04:47:27 EST

On Thu, 2 Mar 2000, Khimenko Victor wrote:

  In <Pine.LNX.4.21.0003020000070.24029-100000@hibernia.spin.ie> Paul Jakma (paul@clubi.ie) wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Mar 2000, Douglas Gilbert wrote:

  Exactly. And it's NOT what you want.

> What's really needed is to fix the PAM securetty module. At the moment it
> won't parse full paths like /dev/vc/6 - which imo means pam securetty is
> broken.

  Oh, yeah. Of course PAM is broken. We need to embed telepathy in PAM
  IMMEDEATELY !

:)

 Or you can fix PAM so it will use full name after THAT
  -- cut --
      if ((tty = rindex(ttyn, '/')))
        ++tty;
      else
        tty = ttyn;
  -- cut --
  snippet from login.c ? PAM module was NEVER supplied with full device name
  to begin with. Add tiny patch to your login.c (from unix-utils) and stop
  blaming the innocent PAM.

sorry, i just presumed the brokenness was in PAM. thanks for pointing
the correct source of the problem. You should that submit that patch
to the utils-linux maintainer.

regards,

--
Paul Jakma	paul@clubi.ie