Re: ext3 status?

From: Stephen C. Tweedie (sct@redhat.com)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 13:25:48 EST

Hi,

On 25 Feb 2000 16:33:39 +0100, Matthias Andree
<ma@dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de> said:

> I just checked the ext3 FTP server and find it's still 0.0.2c that is
> current, which is already 3 months, still the 2.2.13 patch.

0.0.3 should be out within the week. The journal abort code is complete
now for response to fatal errors such as EIO in the journal.

In doing this work I've found that there are a number of options for the
future in terms of duplicating some journaling information to make it
robust against IO errors during recovery, but I'll not hold up the 0.0.3
release to do that --- that will have to come in the future, and there
will be a journal format change involved. (Migration between the
journal types will be simple, of course.)

--Stephen