[incremental diff] Re: [patch] initrd fix 2.3.48

From: Mike Galbraith (mikeg@weiden.de)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 12:51:36 EST

On Wed, 1 Mar 2000, Bradley D. LaRonde wrote:

> Test results of latest patch:
>
> It seems that it works great for initrd, and for general ramdisk, but only
> as long as CONFIG_BLK_DEV_INITRD is defined.
>
> However, the file won't even compile if ramdisk is configured without
> initrd. This is apparently due to initrd_fops being used outside of the
> #ifdef CONFIG_BLK_DEV_INITRD part.
>
> The fact that RD_LOADER and BUILD_CRAMDISK are always defined at the top of
> rd.c (except if MODULE is defined) also strikes me as very odd (but that is
> not due to this particular fix). Maybe the relationship between RD_LOADER
> and CONFIG_BLK_DEV_INITRD is complicating things?

Thanks for testing. The compilation error is because of an erronious
cleanup change that changed logic. It should be def_blk_fops at that
point and conditionally set to initrd_fops in rd_open() as in originl.

Someone suggested that I should rediff against 49-2. Attached is the
logic reinstatment and incremenmtal changes from rd.diff.2.

        -Mike