Re: tcp_keepalive crash - still fixed by upping value to absurdity - egcs caused?

From: Whit Blauvelt (whit@transpect.com)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 10:57:49 EST

Alan & Dave,

Hello again. Continues to be stable with that proc tcp_keepalive value
jacked into absurdity.

For another purpose (getting gtk/gimp/xsane to compile right) I've now
reverted to gcc 2.7.2.3 from the current Red Hat egcs. Do you suspect that
the bug came about through egcs compilation (some of your changes, Dave,
make it look like you were trying to make it safe from the compiler)?
Should I recompile and set tcp_keepalive back to normal to see, for the
good of the community, if that also stops the crashes?

If it _is_ the compiler, why don't you guys lean on Red Hat to provide at
least the option of the solider version? Seems basic that that should
be bedrock-stable in any distro. Which does Red Hat use for its kernels?

Whit