Re: APM_power_off

From: David Woodhouse (dwmw2@infradead.org)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 07:49:46 EST

ogah@cadvision.com said:
> David, do you have MPS set to 1.4? If so, try 2.3.42 with ACPI
> enabled, and the MPS set to 1.1 and see if USB works then. The BP6
> has problems with ACPI regardless, but I don't think that the USB
> problem is at all related to the ACPI stuff. Certainly, I have had
> the ACPI stuff enabled with 2.3.44 and USB works fine with MPS 1.4.

At the moment, I have MPS set to 1.4 in the (latest QQ) BIOS. Linux claims to
find MPS 1.1, though.

I had the same symptoms with MPS1.1 - I only set it to 1.4 to see if it would
help.

I'll update to 2.3.latest and try all combinations, including hard-coding USB
to IRQ19 even when the kernel think it's on IRQ10, to see if that works.

--
dwmw2