Compiling kernel on different machine

From: Matthew A Reklau (reklaum@home.com)
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 09:09:24 EST

I am trying to use a faster machine to compile a kernel for my laptop that
does not have the space to compile its own kernel. I tried this and it didn't
work. When it came time to boot the kernel it hung on the laptop.

My question is what files other than the bzImage file need to copied over. I
tried to grab the modules and put them in /lib/module/2.2.14. What effect do
the files in /boot make. Do I need these as well? If so which ones and where
do I place them?

Thanks for any help,

Matthew Reklau