The following is wrong with it:
1) It is too slow
2) It is not full (fool) proof
3) It takes too much resources to execute very often in a monitoring
system that you want to be non-intrusive
4) It is Linux distribution dependent (ps flags)
5) It is somewhat unwieldy from a C program
> Jos Visser wrote:
> > CONFIG_PROC_NZOMBIES?
> What's wrong with
> ps ax | grep -c '<zombie>'
> - Werner
> / Werner Almesberger, ICA, EPFL, CH email@example.com /
-- Are you game for the SANE 2000 edition of the InSANE quiz? See http://www.nluug.nl/sane/.
- To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to firstname.lastname@example.org Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Tue Feb 29 2000 - 21:00:20 EST